1. DATES & VENUES
a. Date: 3rd to 5th January 2012. Three days of 18 holes each day.
(1) 3 Jan 12 (1st Round) - Impian Golf and Country Club. Tee off 8.00 AM.
(2) 4 Jan 12 (2nd Round) - Kinrara Golf Club. Tee off 8.00 AM.
(3) 5 Jan 12 (Final Round) - Impian Golf and Country Club. Tee off 8.00 AM.
c. Practice Rounds:
(1) Players to liaise with the respective golf clubs as indicated above for a free round of 18 holes during any weekdays prior to the above event. Impian: 03-8734-4195; Kinrara: 03-8076 2100.
(2) Additional rounds are payable at discounted rates.
(3) All arrangements in regard to the practice rounds have been co-ordinated with the respective Clubs.
a. Stroke play contested over 54 holes i.e. 18 holes each day for 3 days.
b. The qualifying score after 3 days of 54 holes is 231.
c. The top 50 professionals in the 2011 OOM are exempted from the Qualifying School, the remaining participants have to earn their entry through the Qualifying School. The next Qualifying School will be in late June 2012.
d. With exemption of a tie for the 1st place, all tied scores shall be ranked by card play off as follows:
(1) Best last 18 holes
(2) Best last 36 holes
(3) Best last 9,6,3,2 and 1 holes (holes 10-18)
Should there be a tie for the 1st place, this will be decided by a hole by hole play off.
e. Players and caddies shall walk during all qualifying rounds, except when permitted to ride by the Rules Committee.
f. PGM Tour reserves the right to change the Qualifying Tournament format, schedule of play and qualifying locations as presently conptemplated if the necessity so arises.
g. Exemptions: The following players are exempted from the 2012 Qualifying School:
(1) Players finishing top 50 in the 2011 PGM Order of Merit as at 23 Dec 2011.
(2) Malaysian Tournament winners on the Asian Tours not otherwise exempt on the PGM Tour are granted 3 years’ exemption.
(3) Players nominated to receive country exemptions by the recognized Golf Tours of Asia. (Asian Tour or One Asia Order of Merits to be used).
(4) Malaysian winners of the Asian Development Tour are granted 2 years exemption.
(5) Malaysian winners of PGM Tour tournaments not otherwise exempt on the PGM Tour are granted 2 years exemption.
(6) By the PGM on its sole discretion.
ELIGIBILITY FOR ENTRY
(a) Open to all current members of PGAM.
(b) All amateur golfers with a handicap of five (5) and below under the USGA Handicapping System as adopted by MGA.
It is not in itself a breach of the Rules of Amateur Status for an amateur golfer under the jurisdiction of R&A Rules Ltd to file an entry for and play in the PGM Tour Qualifying School, providing that the player waives his right to prize money prior to the Tournament by completing the appropriate form available on site at each venue.
a. All applicants RM450/= each. Qualifying School only.
b. All entry forms must be accompanied by the entry fee. Please note that your entry will not be processed until your full entry fee has been received. This payment covers entry to the PGM Tour 2
c. Please return all entry forms and if applicable with the handicap certificate to:
Mr K C Chee (Tel: 012-3140 152)
Professional Golf of Malaysia
18-1 Jalan Medan Setia 2,
Plaza Damansara, Bukit Damansara
50490 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: (603) 20962348/2349 Fax: (603) 20110463
The closing date for entries is at 4.00 PM Friday 23rd December 2011.
All withdrawals must be notified to the PGM office. If a player withdraws prior to the appropriate closing date, he will be refunded a sum of RM450/= (RM 50/= retained as processing fee). If a player withdraws after the appropriate closing date without completing, he will be refunded RM400/= (RM100 retained for administration and processing fee). If a player is absent on the tee without notification, no refund will be given. Once an entrant has teed off, refund of entry fee is not possible.
CONFIRMATION OF ENTRY
Once an application has been accepted (only after receipt of the relevant documentation and the full entry fee), applicants entry will be confirmed. It is the applicant’s responsibility to verify his status of entry for the Qualifying School in regard to his venue, date and time.
PGM TOUR CARDS
The top 50 professionals exempted from the PGM Qualifying School and other players who qualify from the 2012 PGM Tour Qualifying School are eligible to earn PGM Tour Cards. This Tour Card is solely confined to PGM tournaments. Please direct any further inquiries regarding the 2012 PGM Tour Qualifying School to Professional Golf of Malaysia for the attention of the Tournament Director, BG (R) Ron Mahendran at 03-2096 2348/2349 or 012-2884588.